Wednesday, November 11, 2015

This did NOT work


Image result for sleeping in late


For the first time in several years, I had the opportunity to sleep in on a Wednesday morning.  Something I regret.

As strange as it might sounds, turns out that I actually LIKE having my alarm go off at 5:10 a.m., hitting the snooze button, spending the next five minutes recalling the remarkable things - big & small - in my life, sending loving thoughts to someone, considering my #1 goal & three steps I can take today to advance toward it.   

I like throwing off my covers (being careful not awaken Chessie or Max or Sky, whichever is curled up against John), swinging out of bed, going over to the back bedroom window & looking out, through the bare tree branches, to the back yard, over to the Gallaghers & the Robinsons & to the neighbors behind our property.  Feeling gratitude for being there, with all of them.

I like coming downstairs to the front room to say my namastes - to all that surrounds me, to my family & friends & neighbors & casual acquaintances & everyone, to the house that surrounds & protects me, to my john & to within it who make my life brimful with joy.    


I like getting dressed & going out for a walk around the darkened neighborhood, even in the rain!


Image result for walking in the rain


Sleeping in late, doing my 1st thing rise & shine routine but nothing more, left me feeling sluggish.  I am not used to feeling sluggish in the mornings.  What once felt natural, now feels - icky.

This sleeping in late did NOT work.  Here's what I'm doing NEXT Wednesday:  Will set the alarm for 5:45 a.m. (which is John's Wednesday wake up time).  Instead of going back to sleep for the last possible moment before I have to get up at 6:15, will do my rise & shine routine, head down for my namastes, get dressed & do a quick nip around the block.  After I drop John off at A.C. Moore for his part-time stint, will head up to Fred's for a very early breakfast & to connect with friends.  Back home & into my usual daily routine of reading, cleaning, journaling, blogging.  


 Image result for fred's new hope



Yes, the WHOLE day is mine.  And discovered that sleeping in felt disjointed, off stride - anything but whole.  

Life is full of surprises - amazed at how unsettling it felt, taking my ease. Surprised that sleeping in late did NOT work.  Time to hit reset, get back on track, reclaim the rest of my day.


 Image result for rise & shine

No comments:

Post a Comment