Friday, November 6, 2015

Reminders of the power of NOW


Image result for autumn elm tree leaves

Reminded this morning of the importance of not dilly-dallying doing things that speak to your heart.  As I stepped out of the shower, had a full view of the elm tree outside the window.  It's leaves are still glorious yellow, but it struck me how fewer there are then yesterday.  Smiled, grateful that I'd dragged John back upstairs yesterday morning to see the view out our back bedroom window, FILLED with a lush mass of yellow gold leaves.  Had I waited until today, there would still be some, but not the MASS of color that I knew would stiir his artist's heart, a beauty we took a moment to share.  

Glad I skipped breakfast to quickly dash off an older2elder blog posting about the experience, about the wonder of the tree itself, which has quite a back story of its own.  Glad I took the time & energy, because it's just not the same today. 


Image result for mary engelbreit christmas journal

That experience got me thinking about hauling out my Mary Engelbreit Christmas Journal the other days, reviewing suggestions made in '14 for '15 celebrations, looking over what we'd done last year.  As I looked over Christmas 2014, my eyes brimmed with tears.

Under a section on moments that mattered most from Christmas 2014, the very first thing noted was "connecting with Peter & Mim."

Oh, how different my life is, having written those words under moments that HAPPENED.  

Don't wait to reach out, to make the extra effort to reconnect, even where there's still confused feelings.  Imagine if I'd put off touching base with them until some later date?  

The opportunity to wish Mim a Merry Christmas! won't come again, but I'll always have the comfort & joy of knowing my longtime heart's desire was a reality in 2014.

A simple, if not easy, outreach made all the difference, for which I will always offer up heartfelt thanks!


Image result for sister pin

No comments:

Post a Comment