Thursday, November 26, 2015

My heart's desire - Mim memory


Image result for heart world

It means the world to me that Peter wants to come to Sunday's screening of the memorial tribute to Mim.  He described dreading watching it in isolation, without people he cared about near at hand.  I feel that way, too.  For me, that means hoping not just Mim's friends, but mine come too.  It matters. 

Peter is my brother & means the world to me, always has.  But there's a lifetime behind us of how he's felt about me.   

Just as he doesn't want to see the tribute in isolation, I long to watch it with at least some of the people who helped me get through all the years when my family life was in upheaval, who helped get me to & keep me on safe, stable ground.  


Image result for hands around the world 

Alas, I have zip relatives to rally 'round, no professional connections to the Academy or the church, don't work at BATS, am not athletic, don't have kids, & married someone with even fewer connections to my hometown that I have!  

In years past, it's been my experience that folks assume others will be there.  Doesn't mean they don't care, aren't keeping me in their thoughts  & hearts, but it can be hard when just a few are present to put their arms around me.

So, what I'll do is write out a list of friends & pleasant acquaintance, keep that list in my pocket all Sunday afternoon.  Will be over the moon with those who show up.  With those who can't, will keep them literally close at hand, snug in my thoughts, my love.  

Comforting, realizing that no matter what happens, no matter who shows up & who can't, will hold the friends & dear pleasant acquaintances who mean - in large ways & small - the world to me, tenderly in my thoughts, and in doing so fulfill my heart's desire.


Image result for heart's desire quotes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment