Wednesday, June 28, 2017

New day dawning


It appears that I’ve come to a parting of ways – giving up the person I am for the one that awaits being called into being.  They are both, as my Australian nephew might say, bonza Sheilas, but only one can stick around. 

It’s weird, because I like the person who’s evolved over the span of 65 years, but must bid adieu to her if my big vision is ever going to happen.  She’s just too easily sidetracked by things that feel like they matter matter matter, but really don’t.  She’d be the first to admit feeling boxed in by consistent focus, by following game plans & knowing ahead of time what is on next week’s month’s year’s agenda.

She is not sad – it was an ab fab six years.  And she’s the first to confess there are things even SHE'd like me to do, things she knows her time- & energy-consuming ways keep me from making so.

So, we part.  Maybe for a season, a year, or forever.  The parting is laden with good wishes, bright hopes for big doings, and hopes we reconnect down the road. 

For now, the Sheila coming to the fore takes a lot from her dear friend – a desire to rumble with destiny, a bold sense of pinning her manifesto on the door of anyone reducing oldsters elders ancients to “the aging population,” a deep love of play, a freedom fighter & gleeful liberator.  A new day dawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment