Wednesday, October 7, 2015

HUGE light dawns!

A situation came up yesterday that would turn out to be a tremendous inconvenience AND a mega illumination.  

Tuesday is one of my favorite days of the week.  I get to do each meal with a dear-to-my-heart grannie client.  It's the only time we get to do lunch together, a time together that gets more & more precious as the days get shorter & shorter - we both love our pre-lunch rambles.  But it does make it a very full day.

Yesterday, another client's family asked if I could take him to & from the dentist THAT afternoon.  Could have wangled in the full request if I'd known about it the day before, but not as my schedule stood at that moment.  But I could wedge in a pick-up.  The time was available.  The fact it recalibrated my afternoon from easily do-able to stressed didn't register on my time management radar.

Realizing that in the wee small hours of this morning, it was a shock discovering that something I thought had been addressed 25+ years ago is still a powerful influence.  I lack a sense of time, of the sane use of it, an awareness of its value & power.  Without a basic concept of time as it personally relates to you, there is no viable envisioning it.  Without that, you're one cooked goose.

A huge light has dawned, but how to partner with time, to work with it to make the difference in my own life & others - that needs to be looked square in the eye, recognized & embraced with my head heart spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment