Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Goosebumps & tears


Image result for hit one out of the park


Once again, the Universe knocks on out of the park on my behalf!  Although I've got to admit to tears as I round the bases.

Got a "didn't see it coming" call this afternoon informing me that a beloved older friend will be interacting totally within the personal care unit at her "senior life care" community.  

The staff isn't happy with how long it is taking her to adjust (she moved in two or three weeks ago from independent living) & thinks it will benefit her to be totally where she is, at least until she gets acclimated to it & becomes friends with the residents there instead of wishing she could see her old friends.  Makes a lot of sense to them, since she doesn't remember that she does see them.  Their thinking - if she doesn't remember, why bother?  

Although I see things differently, can also understand how they come to their point of view.  Besides, having her anchored to her room rather than flitting about as she is now will be better for the unit's established routine.  

(How many other personal care residents go into Center City Philadelphia to hear a jazz trio?  My guess is not a lot!)


Image result for all star jazz trio

My prayers are that it all works out as they hope.  And the other aide who's been a strong right arm for my friend will still be with her - unlike me, she's experienced in working within traditional methods.  

My strength is in the slightly funky, my goals as off beat, slightly off-kilter as they were back in my teaching days.  I celebrate the individual over convention & complacency.  

Besides, my mantra is also my reality - when the family makes a decision, it's theirs.  Step back.


Image result for it is what it is


On the other hand, although I certainly didn't expect to lose a crucial job in the middle of this afternoon's nap (yep, was wakened out of a deep sleep by the call!), the change in fortunes could be wildly advantageous - if I let it be.  The Universe has given me a remarkable opportunity - if I have the guts to accept it.  

Talk about goosebumps - I look back over my life & there's a spectacular string of newly opened (sometimes reopened) doors waited for me to walk through!  

Thank you, dear Universe - keep 'em coming!


Image result for doorways

No comments:

Post a Comment