Thursday, February 19, 2015

On my honour...


 Image result for australian scouts

Scout Oath   On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country & to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.



Scout Law   A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. 

 

This week, a young friend joined the Scouts, took his oath & pledged to live by the Scout Law.  Okay, so technically his oath* was a todd  tad different, since he's on the other side of the world, outside Sydney, but the basics are still the same - do your best.

Image result for australian scout

 

This past week, I took my own version of the Scout oath, inspired by a quote from Helen Keller - When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is being wrought in our life, or in the life of another.

 

Zach - thanks for reinforcing how well we'd all be served if we lived by the Scout Oath!  Congratulations & blessings on you & your parents.  


* On my honour
I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to my God and
To the Queen of Australia,
To help other people, and
To live by the Scout Law

 

~ or ~

On my honour
I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to my God, and
To Australia
To help other people, and
To the live by the Scout Law




Image result for australian scout

No comments:

Post a Comment