Saturday, February 7, 2015

easy & elegant



Ruth Anne Wood - I apologize for being such a dimwit explaining what helps  trigger positive change in my life.  While my nature is to think strategically, my nurture is just the opposite.  In fact, my nurture despises anything resembling strategic thinking.   

How to express what my nature needs to make changes without naturally slipping into the language & images of my nurtured past, a crazy language designed to invert rather than illuminate, enable rather than empower, that appears to leave the stalk & leaves & bloom intact, but kills the roots?  

What IS my ultimate goal?  To become the best possible ME, to let MY loves rise & shine, to have the discernment (love that word!) to know which reflect interests that catch my attention – worth a tip of the hat – and which few capture my heart, worth my energy & time.



HOW does this happen?  If I knew the answer to that, I'd do it on my own.  Haven't a clue.  But my guess is it’s going to take experimenting, fooling around  to see what works.  Being anything but rational.  With, I suspect, mind-body work - feels like messed-up messaging is imprinted on my tissues.  

Here's where I don't expect it to go.  I don't expect it to be arduous.  Or time-consuming.  If anything, I expect it to be easy & elegant once my hungry soul hears home truths it's longed for all my life.  

It's happened before.  Falling in love with John took no time, no effort - everything clicked because the time was right.  We both enjoyed our wedding, ditto everyone who came, yet it was about as simple to put together as packing a July 4th picnic.  We've had  relatively <> strain & heartache in our marriage and  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  loving & learning.  THAT's how I expect this current process to go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment