Friday, February 27, 2015

carnal knowledge

Image result for prime rib

There are experiences that give me deep sensual delight that have nothing to do with sex - a masterfully grilled cheesesteak with the perfect amount of drip, a beautiful slab of lusciously marbeled medium rare prime rib with gloriously seared char, a toasted everything bagel with a double smear of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.  

 Image result for everything bagel with cream cheese

 Earthy joys that fill my very being with a sense of ahhhhhh.   

But those delights, although immediate & profound, are shallow & should be seriously outweighed by FACTS. 

Hey, I taught biology & know our teeth are made for piercing & pulverizing fruits  & veggies, that we were created lactose intolerant, that modern dairy products are laden with gunk that does additional harm to our bodies.  

More to the pesky point, I believe it's wrong on so many levels for a flesh & blood creature to eat another flesh & blood creature.  Cut down grain, pick a tomato or peppers or onions - they grow back.  A dead animal is dead forever.  

Lately, my eating has been more carnal than ethical.  The senses of the body are alluring compared to the practical knowledge of the mind & the principles of the spirit.  

Here's the thing I need to keep in front of me - we are born to be FABULOUS.  When I live according to my - MY - highest, best beliefs, I feel emotionally & physically & spiritually splendid.  

Yes, I love those foods, but am blessed to groove out on vegetarian & vegan dishes just as much.  

Blow past grumbling to myself, "Oh my gosh, I so totally blew it!"  Instead, think, "That pesky Food Gremlin really got his way that time."   Then quietly, without fanfare, show him by subsequent, unlabored, wise choice actions let him know whose in charge.  No beating up, just doing better.  

Image result for gremlin institute


And offer up thanks to be FINALLY moving past "wanting to want."  

Hey, old habits die hard.  My taste buds DO love the textures & flavors of those oh-so-bad-for-me on oh-so-many-levels foods.  

I know what I want - do it.  When I don't, no chastising & flogging myself.  Hear Cherry's voice in my head & let it super charge my heart & will ~ "Get over yourself & truly BE yourself." 
 
Keep it simple - do what the most real me wants, not the most immediate.  

Get out of its way & spiritual awareness can trump carnal knowledge any day of the week & twice on Sunday!


Image result for angel


Bet she was a vegetarian on Earth!




No comments:

Post a Comment