Monday, February 16, 2015

Power of DOING OUR BEST

Image result for helen keller


When we do the best we can,
we never know what miracle is
wrought in our life, or in the life
of another.
  
Helen Keller 

Time & again, that message comes home to me, especially when well-meaning friends entreat me to go back to the business world, to return to hefty, steady pay checks.  Happy to say, am never tempted.  Everything around & within me tells me that my contribution to improving our culture's current abysmal attitude about aging might be small, perhaps no more than James Baldwin's famous millimeter, but that by doing the best I can, other miracles can be wrought.

Image result for james baldwin millimeter 

That is entire WHY behind the crowdfund request I'm submitting this month.  I believe in the importance of my calling, that I am the only one who can answer it directly, but only through the belief of others in the value of what I offer.  

Skeptical friends doubt that I'll raise the funding needed to do all I want to accomplish in 2015.  They don't get it.  Just writing the request will be reward.  There is NOTHING more powerful than letting the Universe know what you truly want, especially if that happens to be doing your BEST.  

It might turn out that I might not get to more than next month's Leading to Well-Being Conference, might not get a back-up car for when the Grannie Mobile is out of commission, might not get out to Iowa to interview a remarkable "best practices" couple.  But forming those intentions in my mind & setting them in my heart - knowing what I believe will be the best use of my time & energies over the coming months - can only bring great good.

 Image result for playing small williamson

There is remarkable power in doing our best.  I was reminded of that yesterday, hearing tributes to a remarkable man who was a pleasant acquaintance & unforgettable role model.  What set Gerald Hurst apart from most of us is that he always brought his best game to whatever he did. To Gerry, there was no small or large, only what was in front of him that beckoned attention.  He brought his best & brought it out in everyone around him.

Image result for e gerald hurst

There is great power in doing our best.  In showing up.  In knowing what we want & giving it our best efforts.  Always.  In all ways.

Image result for playing small
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment