Saturday, May 6, 2017

Head in the (word) clouds

Today kicked off the Bryn Athyn Bounty Farm Market's 2017 season.  John & I were not one of the vendors - no Cupcake Lady this year.  Oh, I went, but as a customer.  Saw many a disappointed youngster & parent.  Thank goodness free creativity workshops will help fill the big empty space in my life & heart.

Friends went from feeling downcast to excited as I described what's afoot in my life.  In trying to describe Cyber Access for the Technically Timid (CATT), found myself wishing for a word cloud showcasing the perks & pleasures of internet acccess. From e-mail & Facebook to Pinterest & podcast & everything in between, a word cloud could show off what hands- & stress-free entry can mean, especially to oldsters elders ancients.

Hmmm...  What could I include?  To begin with...
FREEDOM
CHOICE
INDEPENDENCE
CONNECTION
CREATIVITY
JOY
FUN
LAUGHTER
THE SHIPS - friendship, relationship, partnership, ownership
LEARNING
MASTERY
THE BIG "E"s - engagement, energized, empowered
CONFIDENCE
INTERDEPENDENCE
CONTRIBUTION
SATISFACTION
CONTROL
OPTIONS

And that just scratches the surface of all that flows - for any age - from exploring, getting familiar with, feeling at home on the World Wide Web!

While I dearly miss not being part of this year's Bounty, great things are rushing into my life. Time for the Cupcake Lady to move out of the spotlight, welcoming the CATT Lady to center stage!


No comments:

Post a Comment