Thursday, August 18, 2016

permission to be STUPID


And unprepared.  Free to START without overthinking.  Begin first, research later.

From the moment I watched The Legend of Bagger Vance, I was hooked on the bits & pieces of wake-up wisdom flitting throughout the film.  When I discovered that Steven Pressfield - The War of Art - had written the book, knew it was a must read.  The film inspired, the book blew me AWAY.  There are times it truly feels hallucinogenic, in the sense that Timothy Leary advocated "magical mushrooms" for expanding consciousness & awareness. 

The slim volume was a transformational book, building on all the lessons learned over 64 years, providing a culmination of all the AH HA moments of my life.  A serious CLICK of my mind's safe, unlocking the awe.  Instead of rereading the treasure, I followed my instincts - they've proven trustworthy - and immediately dipped into  Do The Work, which blew me away with its "Yeah, baby!" shares.

One of the core things it gave me permission to be was STUDIP, to start before being prepared, for jumping in & letting lose. 

This is not new knowledge.  This is insight perception wisdom that I've known from the cradle, writ large.  It is homecoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment