Saturday, April 28, 2018

Mohr on my Inner Mentor

Four years ago, a visualization exercise resulted in an unexpected & forever powerful experience.  It was the last day, the last workshop of a my first visit to Omega.  The setting lived up to expectations, the food exceeded them, the people were beyond the beyond. 

Being at Omega was uplifting, but the Friday & Saturday workshops were a let down - nothing life transforming.  I held no great hopes for the Sunday morning closer, something on intuiting.  Dear reader, it shifted everything, made sense of the senseless, is as powerful now as then.

When Tara Mohr mentioned in Playing Big an exercise she offers her readers, I was open to WOW.  It did not disappoint.  The first experience with the exercise was a very modest success, nothing what she'd described as the ideal end.  Wasn't discouraged.  Repeated the visualization in the evening, this time clearing my mind of more distractions & focusing more on the process.  The results responded in kind - clearer details, better sense of location & the other presence.  

It's what's come after - immediately after - that leaves me slack-jawed in wonder.  
After the second visualization exercise, I tucked away my computer & headed up to bed.  The next day, after greeting the world & saying my Namastes, opened up the laptop for a third.  The screen picture has changed from the tranquil seascape of the night before – it was a beautiful picture of the Great Smokies, the very location in my visualization.  Just sat there, stunned.  Over the day, I came to have a deeper & deeper sense of the place, that there was no visible body of water, but that mountain streams burbled throughout the area, gathering in pools of water rather than ponds or lakes.  Yesterday morning, I opened my laptop & the screen had already changed from the mountains to a mountain stream gently cascading down layers of rocks. 
It’s the sort of thing that would seem overly fantastical if I saw it in a movie, but there it was.  And then there was this weekend’s quote from Jen Sincero’s You are a Badass page-a-day calendar.
If you’re broke as a joke, it’s not about working until you’re half dead to make ends meet and whining about your pathetic situation.  It’s about showing up every day with an excellent attitude, doing your best, leaning back, celebrating what, and steadily working with the grateful expectation and belief that The Universe is sending you a new, more lucrative opportunity.”
Shock & awe – that was an excellent paraphrase of the visualization’s core message!  A reminder that there are more things in heaven & earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy. 
When I trust & let go of whatever keeps me earthbound, astonishing doors open. 
My thanks to Omega for my first intro to this phenom, to Tara for taking it as far forward as Omega did backward, to my Inner Mentor for helping me see that I am alreadly star-filled, awake, whole.



No comments:

Post a Comment