Monday, April 30, 2018

Margot Potter - life force extraordinare!

Chomping at the bit, waiting for tomorrow's launch of Margot's book, Fifty & other F-Words!  Love this FB post she wrote last week that SO captures this paradigm-shifting, world-tipping femme!

When I opened my book and saw the endpapers, I’m not going to lie, I cried. So many years of being the odd girl out, feeling like the world could never embrace my sharp edges. Never quite fitting in, no matter how hard I tried.
That freckle faced, frizzy haired, translucent skinned little girl, bursting at the seams with enthusiasm. Aching to feel like she belonged. Too loud, too weird, too much! That little girl who spent hours and hours reading wonder filled books where she could escape the sad stuff and ignite her imagination. There she is, from toddler to teen to wild young woman, smiling at me from the past saying, “Finally!”
Finally, I stopped making myself smaller to make other people happy. I stopped trying to meet their expectations and rose to my own occasion. After losing everything, I had nothing left to lose. So, I set myself free.
I am three notches too loud, five notches too sparkly, and aging DISgracefully. And I am just getting started.
No matter what the world may tell you, there is nobody else like you. Embrace your sharp edges and your weird thoughts and your wonderful awkwardness, because that’s where your magic is.
And yes, you are magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment