Monday, April 23, 2018

An open letter to my Imagination


Dear Imagination:

What an unappreciative clod I have been!  You’ve always wanted to be full partners, but something within me has messed it up.  I spent decades trying to figure it out, without success. But you stuck in there, a creative spark plug that refused to die.

Thank you for your persistence, your belief in possibilities that excited frightened intimidated me, for being patient as I got my head out of the clouds & planted my feet firmly on the ground, swapping my flip flops for a pair of rainbow-colored work boots..

I’ve always wanted to dump dithering, but its allure was too strong to resist.  Am done with a life of great ideas & half-baked follow through.

What happened between us before is in the past.  I spent too many years looking backwards & daydreaming forwards without being right where I am, having a blast with you. Those relatively lack luster days are over.  

I am ready to have the relationship you’ve always wanted, working together in the moment.  Yikes!  That feels scary!  Do I really want to make myself that vulnerable?

Yes.

That is my only answer – yes.  Yes to all of it.  Yes.

“For all that has been – thanks!  For all that will be – YES!”   Dag Hammarskjold's wisdom is rooted in a clear-eyed, active NOW.
Onward - together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment