Thursday, May 22, 2014

surfer girl

Although it was probably already in my nature, my tendency to boat rocking was certainly reinforced by my father's & sister's influence.  My upbringing emphasized & underscored the importance of knowing what mattered to you & sticking to it. 

That is not a quality designed for winning great success or financial rewards.  People prefer those who calm troubled waters, not try to teach folks to surf.  

Hmmm....   Interesting thought.  It's never felt like I was one to stir up placid waters; my focus is on helping others ride whatever waves come their way.  But it means they have to get wet & become familiar with their environment, have a well-designed board, learn how to maintain balance, and come back up unscathed if they do get tossed off.  And that's way more than a lot of people want to risk.    

No comments:

Post a Comment