Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

  


It's a fact - am still in mourning that Maddie no longer bakes up Be Well Bakery's best-in-the-universe cheddar rolls.  Oh, to have heated one with a lovely cup of their coffee au lait (steamed coconut milk).  Way past YUM! 


These days, the only way to nab one is to place a BIG order - which I understand, since they take a lot of work.  That leaves my one & only solace - backing up a batch of faux Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.  Which I am considering for this week's Bryn Athyn College nibbling.  Minis, not full size.  Baked fresh just before delivering.  Might just top last week's slices of red bliss potatoes dusted with a few grains of sea salt, a dollop of sour cream, a snip of chives & topped with real deal bacon bits.  

Image result for cheddar biscuits

Hey, we're winding down to the end of the school year.  Will be facing a long summer without trips up to Pendleton Hall.  And three of my theologs are graduating, leaving me with I know not how many in 2015-16.  Make merry while I can!

Will they come close to Maddie's iconic rolls?  No - but oh what a noble attempt at greatness!

 Image result for cheddar biscuits

 




No comments:

Post a Comment