Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Beware the Pit of Pride!


Last week, I fell headlong into the Pit of Pride.   

After posting a positioning statement – I’m an elder care ancharist, overthrowing the norm, expanding possibilities.  – on Facebook & asking for input, I balked when friends wondered if “anarchist” might be taken as…  scary.   

No, no, was my horrified response – that word always gets a good response.  Innovator seemed so much... tamer. 

Flog me for forgetting the first rule Pete Boericke taught me as a fledgling public relations wordsmith – resist pride of authorship. 


Last week was a mighty fail on that part.  Time to realize my goof, pledge to accept as well as seek other opinions, and follow up on suggestions. 

UP NEXT:  Will road test both names, alternating handing out my current business card – with elder care anarchist – with a second substituting innovator for the potentially scary word.  Then, gauge responses. 


And not only ask for input on potential wording, 
but stay open to better possibilities, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment